Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Vacation and Weight Loss

Mini Vacation between april 6-10th
Its hard enough to try and lose weight on your own. Its another thing to try and not gain while your on vacation. Nags Head was the location the objective was to have a good time, and we had a blast! We ate some of the best food we could have ever imagined from fresh seafood, the best hush puppies in town, sweet potato biscuits, french toast and some of the best coffee I've ever had. And it just wasn't about the food but the experience, the environment. Being around some of the most funniest people and eating some good food it really doesn't get much better than that! And I'm going to admit it I loved it, relaxing and eating some great stuff. Though it wasn't a good choice and sure I regret some of it now. I know I will work it off and I won't be eating like that for a good while. We did a bit of walking on the beach and at the North Carolina Equarium. So moving on...I came back Saturday night and I knew the next day I would be walking the Noland Trail with my girls from Lose to Win. 2 hours of hiking/walking the noland trail in such beautiful weather was perfect on a Sunday! Afterwards I had saw one of my girls I had just walked post on her facebook that she did 30 mins of strength training after our walk. That had inspired me and so I did 25 mins of strength training! my legs hurt afterwards but I know it was worth it! I than decided that any exercises I do in our Lose to Win program that I have issues with I would work on at home. I love walking in this beautiful weather were having where its not to humid or too hot.
I have also realized that I must accept the things I can't change, and have courage to change the things I can and wisdom to know the difference. I really want to lose another 40 pounds by August 7th and the more pressure I put on myself the more I see that goal not happening so I'm going to try and relax and know that all my hard work will pay off in the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment