Saturday, March 31, 2012

First Week of Lose to Win

Lose to Win has officially started on March 26th!
Monday was the introduction to the program and weigh-in. After the weigh-in I did the elliptical trainer for 35 minutes and stretched afterwards.
Tuesday night 7:15-8pm
I had all this energy for L2W. ready to do our laps walking, walking faster, jogging to running. I really enjoyed running with my girls Michelle & Stephanie and happy to be around them again :)
Now in each L2W we meet it revolves around circuit training. doing cardio, some strength training.
Kettle bells, resistance bands, planks, exercise balls, running, jumping, push-ups, walking, lunges and squats.
It was a great first night felt like the girls and I were the cheerleaders of the class! I just had a feeling the next ten weeks would be great and couldn't wait to get started.
Thursday night 8-9pm
Was a little different we still did our warm up but we had nothing to workout with. No kettle bells, no resistance bands, no weights. We relied more on our own bodies to use. It was a bit more of a challenge and we sure did get our sweat on! We did alot of leg work push ups, planks, crunches. It was little different and I think we all enjoyed that. My left knee was aggravated a little bit but it seems to have subsided. Will need to start up swimming again.
Friday 12:15-1pm was in a different room so that was nice to getaway from the gymnasium and actually here Michael (our personal trainer) speak! Sharing the gymnasium with the basketball players can get a bit loud and hard to hear. So we worked on the BOSU.


It was something different of course never worked with something like this before! We worked on this and resistance bands. It was really cool when we teamed up and did squats on the bosu. We also did bicep and tricep curls with a long rod weight, to achieve more resistance we added our resistance bands.
Overall this week was pretty awesome and excited what the next 9 weeks will bring. I have been asked to inlcude some recipes in my blog. I will start doing that next week. Happy blogging :)

No comments:

Post a Comment